2014 CAANZ Media Course - Register now!
Posted 29 November 2013.
Register for the 2014 Media Course now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: Thursday 20th & Friday 21st March 2014
Venue: AUT University, Sir Paul Reeves Building, Auckland
Member Cost: $1995 + GST PP
The media landscape is evolving at a frantic pace. Key trends driving this include ongoing media fragmentation, the increasing use of data in decision-making, the emergence of innovative and precise consumer targeting (i.e. geo-location), the increasing importance of digital platforms, the importance of social media and the rise of customised messaging, to name a few.
The old cliché “right person at the right time in the right way, the right number of times” has never been more relevant than it is today, and will certainly become increasingly important in future.
CAANZ and AUT University, along with New Zealand’s leading Media Agencies have teamed up to provide an in-depth media course for mid-and-senior-level marketers responsible for decisions on how and where to spend the marketing budget to better equip them to achieve the optimum return on investment for their media spend.
This challenging, post-graduate level two-day course is a mix of presentations, discussion and group work which is designed to give participants the skills and knowledge to improve their organisation’s marketing effectiveness within the rapidly changing media world by expert media and industry professionals that will include senior people from OMD, Starcom, Ikon, SparkPHD, DraftFCB Media, Ogilvy, Carat and supported by Dr Martin Waiguny, Senior Lecturer in Advertising at AUT University, the course will enable participants to generate a more effective return for their organisation’s media spend by:
- understand the changing media landscape and the implications for marketers
- gain a greater understanding of consumer psychology - by identifying insights from recent consumer and media research and then applying principles of media psychology to influence a target audience
- explore ways of strengthening their marketing and advertising through integrated campaign planning to ensure greater returns on spend
- write a more effective and strategic media brief that will result in more efficient and effective media outcomes
- more effectively interrogate their agency’s media recommendations
- generate a more effective return for their organisation’s media spend
Areas covered by senior media professionals will include:
1) Introduction/inspiration – the future of advertising communications and the key trends driving us there
2) Amplification/idea extension and maximizing impact and efficiency through implementation planning
3) Maximising value through trading and investment
4) Amplification/idea extension through channel planning
5) Audience and consumer insights, guiding strategic development
(practical application from industry experts, theoretical from
Dr Martin Waiguny – two separate presentations)
Is this course right for you?
YES, if you have 3 or more years industry experience and are responsible for making decisions on your organisation’s marketing spend. Participants will be looking to further develop their strategic media thinking, and their knowledge and experience of the media discipline as a key component of the overall marketing mix.
The course will be held over 2 days at AUT University in the Sir Paul Reeves Building, Auckland.